Using AvidTrak Numbers in Google Ads Call Extension
- In AvidTrak Number Assignment (Numbers > Manage Number) assign a tracking number to “Google Call Extension” from the pull down menu. If you need to track multiple extensions, then purchase multiple tracking numbers all assigned to Google Call Extension in AvidTrak
- In Google Ads, enter the Ad Extension tracking number as a call extension.
- In Google Ads set your call extensions to use Call reporting and Save. (See below)
Important information to know regarding Google Ads Call Extensions
- Only click-to-call dialed calls will be attributed as a call conversion in Google Ads. If a Call Extension is manually dialed for example by a hand phone set, the call will not count as a conversion in Calls from Ads nor will the keyword data be attributed. Click here to learn more information on Call Extensions and Google Ads
- Call conversion goals must be preconfigured in Google Ads in order for the call to be counted as an Ads conversion.
How to setup and view AvidCalls and Calls from Ads conversions in Google Ads
In Google Ads, click on Segment
Next click on Conversions and select Conversion Action > Conversion Action Name
Once you have done the Conversion Action setup described above you will see two sets of phone call conversions in you Google Ads Campaigns, Ad Groups and Keyword reports
- Calls from Ads
AvidCalls are those phone call conversions that took place by way of a person that visited the website after clicking on a Google Ad.
Calls from Ads are those phone calls that resulted from a person clicking on a Call Extension Number placed on a Google Ad.
If you have questions on implementing any of the above do not hesitate to call or email us at Support@AvidTrak.com